Your privacy and security are extremely important to us here at www.vegepod.com.nz. This page explains the type of information that is collected by Vegepod, how such information is used and under what circumstances and to whom it may be disclosed. If you have any privacy concerns, you should direct them to firstname.lastname@example.org. When you use this website, our Internet Service Provider makes a record of your visit and logs the following information for statistical purposes – your server address, your top level domain name (for example .com, .gov, .nz, etc), the date and time of your visit to the site, the pages accessed and documents downloaded, the previous site visited, and the type of browser used. This is used purely for statistical purposes to show broken links in our website, bottlenecks, and other site problems. We use this information to redesign for the efficiency of use. No attempt will be made to identify users or your browsing activities except, in the unlikely event of an investigation, where a law enforcement agency may exercise a warrant to inspect the Internet Service Provider’s logs.
Vegepod will ONLY record your email address and other personal information (name, address, contact phone numbers) supplied by you as part of our registration or purchasing process. We also record orders you make for any future reference.
If elected by you, you will be part of our regular mailing list (Newsletter etc.) using the e-mail you have supplied to us. ALL of your information will only be used for the purpose for which you have provided it and will not be used or disclosed for any other purposes.
Our website uses “cookies” for maintaining contact with you through a website session. A cookie is a small file supplied by us and stored by the web browser software on your computer when you access our online internet store. The cookie allows the Vegepod website to recognise you as an individual as you add and remove items from your shopping cart. These cookies are currently set to persist for up to a maximum of 24 hours only. This information is only used to help you use our website systems more efficiently, not to track your movements through the internet, or to record private information about you.
Secure Sockets Layer (SSL)
Vegepod owns a dedicated 128bit High-Grade Encryption SSL digital certificate. All confidential information collected from you is done securely by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology. This ensures that all information is sent privately and securely to our server only in an encrypted format. When following the checkout process for purchasing Vegepod products, you will be redirected to our secure version of our site by using the https:// prefix. For your information, https is not like regular http. When in any https website, it is at this point you may notice a small padlock icon appear or the address bar turns green within your browser. This means you are protected by SSL encryption technology.
If you choose to view our digital certificate, it will contain the following information:
Valid/Verified certificate: secure.vegepod.co.nz
Vegepod may also contain hyperlinks to other sites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content from these websites.
Vegepod is committed to respecting the privacy of its customers. The following policy discusses how personal information received by Vegepod will be dealt with.
Information Protection Principles
Vegepod will not do anything or engage in any practice, that contravenes any information protection principles contained in the Federal Communications Commission guidelines. In particular, Vegepod declares that it will:
- Not collect personal information unless:
- the information is collected for a lawful purpose that is directly related to a function or activity of the Vegepod, AND
- the collection of the information is reasonably necessary for that purpose;
- Not collect personal information by any unlawful means;
- Collect the information directly from the individual;
- Make the individual to whom the information relates aware of:
- the fact that the information is being collected, AND
- the purposes for which the information is being collected, AND
- the intended recipients of the information, AND
- whether the supply of the information by the individual is required by law or is voluntary, and any consequences for the individual if the information (or any part of it) is not provided, AND
- the existence of any right of access to, and correction of, the information, AND
- the name and address of the company that is collecting the information and the company that is to hold the information.
- Ensure that any information collected is relevant to that purpose, is not excessive, and is accurate, up to date and complete, and that the collection of the information does not intrude on the personal affairs of the individual.
- Ensure that the information is kept for no longer than is necessary, that the information is disposed of securely, that the information is protected against
loss, unauthorised access, use, modification or disclosure, etc.
- Ensure that everything possible is done to prevent unauthorised use or disclosure of the information.
- Help an individual to ascertain whether the company holds personal information, whether the company holds personal information relating to them, and, if so, the nature of that information, its purpose, and their entitlement to gain access to the information.
- Provide the individual with access to the information.
- Make appropriate amendments (whether by way of corrections, deletions or additions) to ensure that the personal information is accurate, and relevant, up to date, complete and not misleading.
- Attach to the information, in such a manner as is capable of being read with the information, any statement provided by that individual of any amendment sought.
- Notify recipients of that information of the amendments made.
- Not use the information without ensuring that the information is relevant, accurate, up to date, complete and not misleading.
- Not use the information for a purpose other than that for which it was collected unless:
- the individual to whom the information relates has consented to the use of the information for that other purpose, OR
- the other purpose for which the information is used is directly related to the purpose for which the information was collected, OR
- the use of the information for that other purpose is necessary to prevent or lessen a serious and imminent threat to the life or health of the individual to whom the information relates or of another person.
- Not disclose unless the disclosure is necessary to prevent or lessen a serious and imminent threat to the life or health of the individual concerned or another person.
- Ensure that, if personal information is disclosed to a person or body that is a public sector agency, that agency does not use or disclose the information for a purpose other than the purpose for which the information was given to it.
- Not disclose personal information relating to:
- an individual’s ethnic or racial origin; OR
- political opinions; OR
- religious or philosophical beliefs; OR
- trade union membership; OR
- health or sexual activities.
For the purposes of this declaration, personal information means information or an opinion (including information or an opinion forming part of a database and whether or not recorded in a material form) about an individual whose identity is apparent or can reasonably be ascertained from the information or opinion.
Modifications to the information
While Vegepod has made every effort to ensure that information on the website is free from error, Vegepod does not warrant the accuracy, adequacy or completeness of the material on this website. All information may be changed, supplemented, deleted or updated without notice at the sole discretion of Vegepod. Vegepod recommends that you seek independent advice before acting upon material on this website.